Monday, July 30, 2012

It Is Finished: Hours 15-0

OK, so my plan to blog daily about cleaning up my office didn't happen.

But the clean office did!

Here's some before photos, just to remind you from whence I came...

Ugh. That hurts just to look at. And to think I lived this way on and off for years! Yeah, I'd clean it up every now and again, but it was never really down to the roots clean. It was more flat-ironing the top layer while leaving all the kinky curly stuff hidden underneath.

But here's the reveal....



Such a nice place to sit again! So much so that it already has cat and dog hair on it. But I'm not complaining!










This is the other side of the room. Herb even hung a lovely painting that had been sitting on the floor, propped up against the wall for so long that the paint on the frame is flaking.


My laptop's new home. It looks so nice that I added a Van Gogh wallpaper just for the occasion.

 I even cleaned out my paper sorter. I can use it again! Yippee!

So where did everything go?

  1. Three boxes of donations to charity.
  2. One crate of books culled from the bookcase to the basement.
  3. One crate of financial records and one large pink ottoman to the basement.
  4. One large bag of homeschooling books donated to CHEER, the homeschool support group I used to belong to.
  5. The recycling bin. Here's what it looks like now:
Yep. That pretty much all came straight out of my office.

But it's done. And like any good weight loss program, we enter the maintenance stage. that's where the real mettle is tested. How long will it stay this way? Hopefully forever. I'm hoping you guys will keep me honest. And neat.

Finish well.

No comments:

Post a Comment